Our stories - Zoe's story

Zoe's story


In the five months since starting my job, when I met the fellow crazies attempting 100 runs in 100 days with me, I’ve transitioned from occasional jogger to addicted runner. What started as a way of meeting new people, and
Where it all started. Zoe's first morning
run with the gang.
burning a few extra calories after a heavy weekend, has turned into three or four 5km runs a week… genuinely through enjoyment! 


Seeing how quickly my fitness has improved and developed over time has been a huge motivator for my continued efforts with running. It’s an addictive feeling being able to finish a run with fewer aches, more breath and less of that ‘beetroot’ facial glow. 

However, I’ve also experienced the loss of fitness, and motivation, when I recently returned from a two week stint in India. 14 days without running, combined with excessive amounts of curry and serious jet lag, made it very difficult to find the energy and motivation to get back into the swing of things on my return. My two weeks off turned into  three weeks due to lazy excuses and a withdrawal from curry… By the fourth week, I had to rely on my fellow runners to spur me on and get me back to a place where I enjoyed running again. 

It turns out that running whilst having a natter with these girls is a huge motivator in itself. One month after my emotional low point with running, I am back to loving it again. And what better way to celebrate the return of running love than attempting 100 runs in 100 days for charity?! We’re supporting FORWARD, a wonderful Foundation for Women’s Health Research and Development, a charity committed to gender equality and safeguarding the rights of African girls and women. So PLEASE click here to sponsor our challenge and follow our emotional journey with running! 


Follow Zoe's challenge here:

Map my run - http://www.mapmyrun.com/profile/123170066/ 
Instagram -  @zamigoni1
#100daysofrunningforward




You can donate to our cause by visiting our fundraising page here.

Comments