Our stories - Louise's story

Louise's story



Louise (left) at the Wimbledon Common
Half Marathon, May 2016
I discovered a love of running at a point when my life had taken a bit of a funny turn and I needed something to try to get me back on track. Since I nervously suggested to Jade, “shall we sign up to a 10 km?", and was dragged out on my first lunch time training run, I have never looked back. Now the only turns in my life are wrong turns when trying new routes!

Doing the 100 runs in 100 days challenge was something I thought was an amazingly good idea, until everyone agreed! Now, as the instigator, I actually have to do it. Whatever I go through during this challenge, it will pale in significance to the horror that so many women in Africa have to go through every day. So choosing such a rewarding charity to support will definitely help me on those cold, dark, wet mornings. 

So for 100 days I will be moving forward for FORWARD, because I am lucky enough to be able to.

Please click here to sponsor me in my challenge if you are able to.

Follow Louise's challenge here:

Strava - https://www.strava.com/athletes/3180132 
Instagram -  @louisefjones
#100daysofrunningforward



You can donate to our cause by visiting our fundraising page here.

Comments